- A species of fish that is used as food by humans or forms a major part of the diet of a particular predator.More example sentences
- They are too small to be considered a food fish for humans.
- Due to their great range and extensive use as food fish, scombrids bear many common names and have long been familiar to humans.
- Esox lucius is a prized game fish and is used as a commercial food fish in Eastern Europe.
More definitions of food fishDefinition of food fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary