- The state of having reliable access to a sufficient quantity of affordable, nutritious food: food security has declined dramatically in many developing countries the ultimate in individual food security is growing your own foodMore example sentences
- Food security both for rich and poor countries requires an increase in the level of self-sufficiency.
- As populations continue to grow and environmental degradation gets worse, what do you see will happen with food security?
- "Villagers are very appreciative of the seedlings, particularly fruit tree seedlings, which contribute to nutrition and food security."
More definitions of food securityDefinition of food security in:
- The British & World English dictionary