1A great deal of fuss or attention given to a minor matter.
- Congratulations on finding precisely the correct slant on the foofaraw about the exotic dancer and her work permit.
- Some modern tests do measure the real intelligence that is needed in real life tasks and are not merely intellectual foofaraw.
- Instead, plans call for much more massive structures and they don't include any foofaraw about income mix or community services.
2Showy frills added unnecessarily.
- If you think baroque is all about curlicues and foofaraws, Rome is the place to learn otherwise.
- It's been not quite a week since the Sydney Olympics came to a clashing close with all the high jinks and foofaraw entailed in a closing ceremony.
- There was an awful lot of commercial dross and promotional foofaraw for LeBron to leave back there on the ground.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.