- A unit of illumination (now little used) equal to that given by a source of one candela at a distance of one foot (equivalent to one lumen per square foot or 10.764 lux).More example sentences
- This means that you must bounce light further into space to reduce the number of foot-candles per square foot.
- A foot-candle is the intensity of light from a candle held one foot away or one lumen/sq. foot.
- Code requires exit lighting to yield 25 foot-candles of light, with fixtures placed so as to be visible from any point in the space and at all required building egress points.
More definitions of foot-candleDefinition of foot-candle in:
- The British & World English dictionary