Reluctance or deliberate delay concerning a decision or action: bureaucratic foot-dragging has continued to delay the project
More example sentences
- Bureaucratic foot-dragging delayed the formal opening of an investigation for months.
- No doubt Kleinfeld will face foot-dragging from people reluctant to change.
- He agreed that last year the RPA had concerns about foot-dragging by CIE companies, ‘but I don't have those concerns now’.
- Example sentences
- And many countries, including France and Canada, are emerging as foot-draggers in joining the ‘crusade’.
- This makes it easy for employers to identify potential foot-draggers and keep those profit margins high.
- The United Nations has proceeded at a glacial pace, thanks to China and its fellow foot-draggers.
Definition of foot-dragging in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.