- 1An upright panel forming the foot of a bed.More example sentences
- Two circulating nurses, working together, placed two footboards at the foot of the OR bed.
- Then she looked up and laughed as Atlikan fell onto the bed next to her and stretched his long legs out, his feet touching the footboard.
- After the two padded safety straps are fastened in place, two footboards with gel pad liners are placed at the foot of the OR bed, and covered with sheets.
- 2A board serving as a step up to a vehicle such as a train.More example sentences
- Commuters have to travel in trains crammed full to the lowest step of their footboards in morning and evening rush hours.
- Satchel slung across his back, smoothing oiled hair into place, he had just swung up the footboard steps of the 7-30 a.m.
- The worried passenger tried to enter the train only to slip and dangle between the footboard of the bogie and the platform.
More definitions of footboardDefinition of footboard in:
- The British & World English dictionary