Definition of footboard in English:
1An upright panel forming the foot of a bed.
- Two circulating nurses, working together, placed two footboards at the foot of the OR bed.
- Then she looked up and laughed as Atlikan fell onto the bed next to her and stretched his long legs out, his feet touching the footboard.
- After the two padded safety straps are fastened in place, two footboards with gel pad liners are placed at the foot of the OR bed, and covered with sheets.
2A board serving as a step up to a vehicle such as a train.
- Commuters have to travel in trains crammed full to the lowest step of their footboards in morning and evening rush hours.
- Satchel slung across his back, smoothing oiled hair into place, he had just swung up the footboard steps of the 7-30 a.m.
- The worried passenger tried to enter the train only to slip and dangle between the footboard of the bogie and the platform.
Definition of footboard in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan