2A line or block of text appearing at the foot of each page of a book or document. Compare with header.
- Once you're authenticated, you can use the special menu items that appear in the footer of every page to make the configuration changes you desire.
- I added a ‘Sitemap’ link to all page footers, upgraded the noframes entrance to something slightly more useful and wondered whether it was enough.
- Menu bars use either graphics or text links while footers almost exclusively use text links.
Words that rhyme with footerputter
Definition of footer in:
- British & World English dictionary
Entry from British & World English dictionary
verb[no object] Scottish
Fiddle about: he nodded and started to footer with his watch
More example sentences
- Give this girl a gimmick, leave her to fiddle and footer about with it into the wee small hours and, in no time, she's smitten.
- In the meantime, fiddling and footering is about the best he can do.
- This opportunity is staring us in the face and we are all footering around.
Mid 18th century: variant of obsolete foutre 'valueless thing, contemptible person', from Old French.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.