- A low hill at the base of a mountain or mountain range: the camp lies in the foothills of the AndesMore example sentences
- As the bus heads on into the pine-clad foothills of Sierra Madre mountains, I think back to how my quest began.
- The rich volcanic soils of the foothills and mountains are some of the best in the country.
- Qazvin, like Tehran, sits in the foothills of the Alborz mountain range, which skirts the south coast of the Caspian Sea.
More definitions of foothillDefinition of foothill in:
- The British & World English dictionary