Definition of footlong in English:
Measuring one foot in length.
- Her teacher, the one with the footlong wooden ruler that cracked the backs of small hands for any disobedience, actual or imagined, had given her four licks in front of the class for calling the new girl… white.
- He catches me sneaking away from the campfire and blocks my path, brandishing a bright-red, footlong salami in his one good hand.
- I'm on burdock detail, digging the rough, brown, footlong roots out of the red clay of a nearby field with a fellow student.
nounBack to top
A hot dog one foot long.
- Mac spent the longest fifteen minutes of his life eating the footlong, he could've done it in less than half but he thought he should give Annie ample time to relax herself and continue working.
- We exchange cards and go to Ann's Dari Cream for double dog footlongs and a shake.
- Someone mentions Zesto and I can still taste the footlongs and smell that wonderful aroma!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.