- A species of fish of interest to humans chiefly as the prey of more valuable game fish.More example sentences
- Alewives are considered a forage fish and have many predators.
- Traps should be checked daily and desirable fish released and forage fish removed for disposal.
- Depending on market prices the fish meal portion is usually from forage fish or poultry by-products (including feathers), and blood meal (with maize, soya or wheat) is used as a binder or filler.
More definitions of forage fishDefinition of forage fish in:
- The British & World English dictionary