- Because; since: forasmuch as the tree returned to life, so too could Arthur be returned to herMore example sentences
- So that now in him, and by him, every true Christian man may be called a fulfiller of the law: forasmuch as that which their infirmity lacked, Christ's justice hath supplied.
- And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.
- And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.
Middle English for as much, translating Old French por tant que 'for so much as'.
More definitions of forasmuch asDefinition of forasmuch as in:
- The British & World English dictionary