- The putout of a base runner who is forced to go to the next base.More example sentences
- It can be by virtue of a hit, a putout, an error, a forceout, a fielder's choice, a passed ball, a wild pitch, a balk, or a stolen base.
- He managed to pick up the ball, crawl to third base for the forceout, and then fainted.
- When it is an inning-ending forceout, the pitcher can take the throw like an outstretched first baseman to pick up the out.
More definitions of force-outDefinition of force-out in:
- The British & World English dictionary