- Adopt a fast pace in a race in order to tire out one’s opponents quickly.More example sentences
- I'm still very inexperienced and there may come a time when I have the need or the confidence to actually go with the pace or even force the pace.
- This was a record-breaking activity made possible only by forcing the pace to the point where serious debate and discussion was made impossible by the restricted timescale and the public demand for political action.
- However it was the Cork champions who were forcing the pace and with Cian O'Connor, Ger Spillane and Finbarr Barry leading the way they started to extend their advantage.
More definitions of force the paceDefinition of force the pace in:
- The British & World English dictionary