- A part of a system of sand dunes on the side nearest to the sea.More example sentences
- Seabeach amaranth typically occurs on sparsely vegetated areas such as interdunal flats, overwash flats, lower foredunes, and points of non-eroding beaches.
- In addition, modern and Holocene sediments were collected from an embayment fill succession, comprising a series of relict foredunes at Longbeach, Guichen Bay.
- He was nearly up to the foredune when he landed it, and as the water ran back down the steep part of the beach I could see it was a small shark he'd hooked.
More definitions of foreduneDefinition of foredune in:
- The British & World English dictionary