noun (plural forefeet)
- 1Each of the front feet of a four-footed animal.More example sentences
- The fatty digital cushion is smaller in the rear foot than the forefoot in both African and Asian elephants.
- The forefeet have 4 functional toes, and the hindfeet 3 (digits 1 and 5 are present but reduced).
- The forefeet have five toes (with a few exceptions), but two or three predominate and have long, sharp, curved claws.
- 1.1The forward end of a vessel’s keel where it joins the stern.More example sentences
- The single engine, semi-displacement hull form with deep forefoot and a long deep keel actually more closely resembles Down East-style workboats and cruisers.
- The full-length keel aids in directional stability as well as dampening roll and the deep forefoot helps to prevent pounding in choppy seas.
- The ‘IRIS II’ has been designed on traditional lines with quite a square forefoot to give as much keel length as possible, and a transom stern.
More definitions of forefootDefinition of forefoot in:
- The British & World English dictionary