nounAnatomy & Zoology
- The anterior part of the gut, toward the mouth.More example sentences
- From the mouth, the esophagus leads to the foregut and then intestine, where digestion and absorption occur.
- Hemolymph flow rates to the mouthparts increased during feeding; perfusion of the foregut and hepatopancreas increased during digestion.
- The trachea is unbranched, and is formed by the division of the foregut by a longitudinal septum into two tubes - the trachea and the esophagus.
More definitions of foregutDefinition of foregut in:
- The British & World English dictionary