1(In tennis and other racket sports) a stroke played with the palm of the hand facing in the direction of the stroke: [as modifier]: a good forehand drive
More example sentences
- Behind the pavilion, tennis players traded forehands and backhands on the red courts that spread beneath the canopy of trees in the Edinburgh Gardens.
- At the same time, I wanted her right forearm to roll over as if she were hitting a forehand topspin shot in tennis.
- The cable fly is also a great exercise for racket sports such as tennis, racquetball, squash and badminton when executing the forehand stroke.
2The part of a horse in front of the saddle.
- Keep your balance back off their forehand, in order to help them lift their front end.
- Some horses never completely catch up and stay built downhill, or what we call on their forehand, their whole lives.
- It will then never be able to get light on the forehand as it is being taught the opposite.
Words that rhyme with forehandbeforehand
Definition of forehand in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.