1(In tennis and other racket sports) a stroke played with the palm of the hand facing in the direction of the stroke: [as modifier]: a good forehand drive
More example sentences
- Behind the pavilion, tennis players traded forehands and backhands on the red courts that spread beneath the canopy of trees in the Edinburgh Gardens.
- At the same time, I wanted her right forearm to roll over as if she were hitting a forehand topspin shot in tennis.
- The cable fly is also a great exercise for racket sports such as tennis, racquetball, squash and badminton when executing the forehand stroke.
2The part of a horse in front of the saddle.
- Keep your balance back off their forehand, in order to help them lift their front end.
- Some horses never completely catch up and stay built downhill, or what we call on their forehand, their whole lives.
- It will then never be able to get light on the forehand as it is being taught the opposite.
Words that rhyme with forehandbeforehand
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of forehand in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.