- An object or piece of extraneous matter that has entered the body by accident or design.More example sentences
- A general anaesthetic can interfere with the body's natural cough reflex, which normally helps prevent foreign bodies entering the breathing system.
- Nature has provided glands that produce wax to keep foreign bodies like insects from entering the ear.
- The DNA then starts making proteins that are recognised by the body as foreign bodies and attacked.
More definitions of foreign bodyDefinition of foreign body in:
- The British & World English dictionary