- The mast of a ship nearest the bow.More example sentences
- This he mounted on the cap of the foremast to give the ship a striking and original look.
- At the end of the third week at sea, a large barrel with a greased bung hole in the side is brought up from the hold and placed on deck, lashed to the foremast.
- The tallest mast in the middle is the mainmast, and the mast closest to the bow - that's the front of the boat - is the foremast.
More definitions of foremastDefinition of foremast in:
- The British & World English dictionary