noun(usually one's foremothers)
- A female ancestor or precursor of something.More example sentences
- My ancestors were systematically stolen and enslaved by white forefathers and foremothers - a legacy that, no matter how much we want to disregard it, is still reaping a stunted harvest.
- Since July 4, 1776, thanks to the victories and struggles of our forefathers and foremothers, America has flourished as an expanding democracy.
- The rank and file, I'm sorry to say, have lived off the fat of the land put there by our union forefathers and foremothers.
More definitions of foremotherDefinition of foremother in:
- The British & World English dictionary