Definition of forequarter in English:
1A front quarter of something, especially of a carcass (of beef, lamb, etc.).
- It will be simplest to not sell the carcass in any greater break down than one-half of one-half which is equivalent to one-quarter of beef but includes half the meat from the forequarter and half from the hindquarter.
- Some muscles and nerves are specific to each quarter whilst five muscles link the forequarter with the hindquarter.
- Take for example a forequarter of Wild Boar which coincidentally was the first thing I ever roasted.
1.1 (forequarters) The front legs and adjoining parts of a quadruped.
- Bison are distinguished by their low horns, rounded forehead, and greater height of the forequarters compared with the hindquarters.
- A dragon figure occupies one side of the tree, its forequarters resting on the base and its undulating, ropelike body (part of which is now missing) extending upward.
- It appears to depict a bison's head and forequarters attached to a humanlike body.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan