- 1A front quarter of something, especially of a carcass (of beef, lamb, etc.).More example sentences
- It will be simplest to not sell the carcass in any greater break down than one-half of one-half which is equivalent to one-quarter of beef but includes half the meat from the forequarter and half from the hindquarter.
- Some muscles and nerves are specific to each quarter whilst five muscles link the forequarter with the hindquarter.
- Take for example a forequarter of Wild Boar which coincidentally was the first thing I ever roasted.
- 1.1 (forequarters) The front legs and adjoining parts of a quadruped.More example sentences
- Bison are distinguished by their low horns, rounded forehead, and greater height of the forequarters compared with the hindquarters.
- A dragon figure occupies one side of the tree, its forequarters resting on the base and its undulating, ropelike body (part of which is now missing) extending upward.
- It appears to depict a bison's head and forequarters attached to a humanlike body.