Definition of forester in English:
1A person in charge of a forest or skilled in planting, managing, or caring for trees.
- Without trained foresters to mark the trees that should be cut, oversee the cutting, and develop plans to protect forests from fires and pilfering, sustained yield and preservation were impossible.
- Last week, our foresters and contractors planted 12,700 pine seedlings on land burned by the Blodgett Canyon Fire in 2000.
- In 1994, Global ReLeaf helped local foresters in central Minnesota plant 13,000 white pine seedlings.
3A small black day-flying moth with two white or yellow spots on each wing.
- Family Agaristidae: several genera and species, including the eight-spotted forester (Alypia octomaculata), common throughout the northeastern US
- As the corn ripens and promises another fruitful harvest, so the foresters and their nymphs go off to consummate their love and, presumably, to eventually produce a harvest of their own.
Words that rhyme with foresterchorister
Definition of forester in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan