1A person in charge of a forest or skilled in planting, managing, or caring for trees.
- Without trained foresters to mark the trees that should be cut, oversee the cutting, and develop plans to protect forests from fires and pilfering, sustained yield and preservation were impossible.
- Last week, our foresters and contractors planted 12,700 pine seedlings on land burned by the Blodgett Canyon Fire in 2000.
- In 1994, Global ReLeaf helped local foresters in central Minnesota plant 13,000 white pine seedlings.
3A small black day-flying moth with two white or yellow spots on each wing.
- Family Agaristidae: several genera and species, including the eight-spotted forester (Alypia octomaculata), common throughout the northeastern US.
- As the corn ripens and promises another fruitful harvest, so the foresters and their nymphs go off to consummate their love and, presumably, to eventually produce a harvest of their own.
Words that rhyme with foresterchorister
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of forester in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.