Definition of forgery in English:
noun (plural forgeries)
1The action of forging or producing a copy of a document, signature, banknote, or work of art.
- The basis of this action was forgery, fraud and perjury on the part of IAC.
- The application to strike out was based on the admitted acts of forgery by Nigel of documents later produced on disclosure in the proceedings.
- When women are convicted it is more likely to be for offences involving theft and handling stolen goods, fraud, and forgery.
1.1A forged or copied document, signature, banknote, or work of art.
- As part of the new searches, immigration officers will pore over documents, looking for forgeries of British and other national passports.
- Which suggests that, to Pein's mind, it is actually impossible to prove that the documents are forgeries.
- U.N. officials determined the documents were forgeries before the war.
Words that rhyme with forgerysoldiery • drudgery
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan