noun (plural forgeries)
- 1The action of forging or producing a copy of a document, signature, banknote, or work of art.More example sentences
- The basis of this action was forgery, fraud and perjury on the part of IAC.
- The application to strike out was based on the admitted acts of forgery by Nigel of documents later produced on disclosure in the proceedings.
- When women are convicted it is more likely to be for offences involving theft and handling stolen goods, fraud, and forgery.
- 1.1A forged or copied document, signature, banknote, or work of art.More example sentences
- As part of the new searches, immigration officers will pore over documents, looking for forgeries of British and other national passports.
- Which suggests that, to Pein's mind, it is actually impossible to prove that the documents are forgeries.
- U.N. officials determined the documents were forgeries before the war.