Definition of forget-me-not in English:
- Myosotis and other genera, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular the common water forget-me-not (M. scorpioides), whose bright blue flowers have a yellow, pink, or white center
- You can sow the following directly in the ground: baby blue eyes, forget-me-nots, sweet alyssum, sweet peas, and spring wildflowers.
- Cluster them with snapdragons, primroses, forget-me-nots and alyssum in mixed beds or in containers.
- In between the ferns we have planted snowdrops and Omphalodes cappadocica, a relative of the forget-me-not which produces azure blue flowers in early spring each year.
Mid 16th century: translating the Old French name ne m'oubliez mye; said to have the virtue of ensuring that the wearer of the flower would never be forgotten by a lover.
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.