- That part of the drag on an airfoil that arises from its shape. It varies according to the angle of attack and can be decreased by streamlining.More example sentences
- At high swimming speeds, the energy lost in overcoming induced drag is lower than for form drag.
- Drag in swimming is derived from three main sources: form drag, wave drag and surface drag.
- Discussions with Christoph at AIR, who is very helpful, revealed that the slop needs to be there because at high speeds, the form drag on the side wires would otherwise deploy the spoilers slightly.
More definitions of form dragDefinition of form drag in:
- The British & World English dictionary