Definition of form factor in English:
1A mathematical factor that compensates for irregularity in the shape of an object, usually the ratio between its volume and that of a regular object of the same breadth and height.
- If the particle form factors are known, an experimental average structure factor can be extracted by dividing the intensity by the average form factor.
- The theoretic Bessel function is characterized by an infinite number of oscillations and corresponds to the model form factor of infinitely long and thin hollow columns.
- In salt-containing and dilute solutions, the form factor can be directly deduced from measurements and the conformation adopted by the molecule clearly identified.
1.1The physical size and shape of a piece of computer hardware.
- A standard form factor for graphics hardware would give a company like Dell or HP added flexibility in product offerings, at the cost of some inventory management overhead.
- Also, the small form factor allows them to be integrated into a laptop computer or other consumer electronic devices.
- What makes it more like a Treo (or the upcoming Blackberry 8300c) is its form factor including the compact QWERTY keyboard.
Definition of form factor in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan