- A classificatory category used for fossils that are similar in appearance but cannot be reliably assigned to an established animal or plant genus, such as fossil parts of organisms and trace fossils.More example sentences
- These are the permineralized seeds of a medullosan seed fern; such permineralized seeds are classified in the form genus Trigonocarpus.
- The tracks, which have been placed in the form genus Caririchnium, were made by ornithopod dinosaurs, large herbivores.
- Isolated chondrichthyan dermal denticles belonging to the form genus Petrodus are widespread and common in the Carboniferous.
More definitions of form genusDefinition of form genus in:
- The British & World English dictionary