- A colorless solution of formaldehyde in water, used chiefly as a preservative for biological specimens.More example sentences
- Other chemicals Spry discussed include peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide, formalin, and methyl methacrylate.
- Dead snakes brought to the hospital were labelled and preserved in 10% formalin or 70% ethanol.
- Also known as Zenker-formol, this is a modification of Zenker's fluid in which formalin is substituted for acetic acid.
More definitions of formalinDefinition of formalin in:
- The British & World English dictionary