Definition of formulary in English:
noun (plural formularies)
1A collection of formulas or set forms, especially for use in religious ceremonies.
- Not only are they against the spirit and the letter of Anglican formularies, they are against one of the decrees of the Council of Nicaea, as we point out.
- One source that is missing is the historic formularies, the ‘confessional’ documents of the various Christian traditions.
- Worship is deeply important to Anglicans, and for that reason the Book of Common Prayer occupies an important place in Anglican formularies.
2An official list giving details of medicines that may be prescribed.
- The national formulary of medicines lists the essential drugs that can be acquired by, and distributed through, Mozambique's national health system.
- Essential drug lists or formularies are already widespread in rich countries - for example, in hospitals, in health maintenance organisations in the United States, and in primary care in the United Kingdom.
- This is especially important for drugs listed in the formulary with a black triangle next to the drug's name (any new NSAID would carry this symbol).
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or using officially prescribed formulas.
- English lawyers knew of this procedure, and one even wrote a book on it, but there is no written trace of English legal knowledge, at this time, of the earlier roman formulary procedure.
- Most patients who transferred to the pharmacy were prescribed a formulary product (table).
- Through unique formulary technology, both detrimental attributes are eliminated in the described 60% ethyl alcohol hand gel formulation.
Definition of formulary in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.