- A small fort, fortified house, or outwork of fortification.More example sentences
- Nearby, the magnificent Castel Prèsule, one of the region's best preserved fortalices, is worth a trip.
- Niddrie House, a mile north of Edmonstone House, is partly an ancient baronial fortalice and partly a handsome modern mansion.
- At this point the village is referred to as ‘Esshete’ and the Castle of Esshete is mentioned in the list of fortalices in 1415 belonging to Sir John Heron, a knight.
late Middle English: from medieval Latin fortalitia, -itium, from Latin fortis 'strong'.
More definitions of fortaliceDefinition of fortalice in:
- The British & World English dictionary