Definition of fortune teller in English:
A person who is supposedly able to predict a person’s future by palmistry, using a crystal ball, or similar methods: he went to a fortune teller to ask for advice
More example sentences
- I could have made a mint being a fortune-teller, too - though I already would have known that.
- Practitioners of the spiritual arts, be they geomancers, mediums, fortune-tellers or soul-callers, have increased in prominence as their formerly proscribed services become eagerly sought-after.
- Are fortune-tellers, clairvoyants, palm readers, spiritists and voodoo participants in league with demons?
- Example sentences
- Following this logic, it becomes clear that scientists will find nothing if they continue to seek for evidence of the supernatural by examining occult phenomena such as ESP, telepathy, fortune-telling and witchcraft.
- She said she did not believe in paranormal phenomena, magic, fortune-telling and the idea that everyone has a mission in life.
- I thought of divination as fortune-telling and psychic development as psychic development.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan