1Unfair play in a game or sport.
- Surely assisting the referee with decisions on foul play would assist the ref as well.
- The referee awarded only a penalty for the foul play, and the full-back remained on the field.
- This glorious sport must be freed from brutality and foul play.
2Unlawful or dishonest behavior, in particular violent crime resulting in another’s death.
- No cause of death was given but foul play is not suspected.
- The circumstances of his death excited questions of foul play.
- Police in Northern Ireland have ruled out any foul play in Fulton's death.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.