- 1A transmission system that provides power directly to all four wheels of a vehicle.More example sentences
- We had four desert equipped four-wheel-drive vehicles, two landrovers and two Bedford lorries.
- Madras Road was virtually impassable to traffic, allowing only for four-wheel-drive vehicles and trucks, which could go up to a certain point and then turn back.
- Some modern Bedu have acquired trucks and other four-wheel-drive vehicles to replace the camel as transportation.
- 1.1A vehicle with four-wheel drive, typically designed for off-road driving.More example sentences
- The group was transported in a convoy of police vans, ambulances and four-wheel drives, which snaked its way along main roads and boreens to the search area.
- It was our second time down there - we wish we could make it more often, but due to geographical conditions of the place, only four-wheel drives or better equipped vehicles can access the beach, while our car is nothing but an old compact car.
- He said that although using four-wheel drives, quad bikes and other vehicles on green lanes was not illegal, it could cause problems if tracks were not maintained.
More definitions of four-wheel driveDefinition of four-wheel drive in:
- The British & World English dictionary