Definition of foursome in English:
1A group of four people.
- The foursome downed four courses of Arcodoro's famous Sardinian food during the three-hour repast.
- Having a social evening as a foursome is fine, but it's probably better to organise something at home.
- It wants us to become a threesome or a foursome or a whatever-some.
1.1A golf match between two pairs of players, with partners playing the same ball.
- The format for the semi-finals will be match play - mixed foursomes in the morning and mixed fourballs in the afternoon.
- The lesson of the golf at Bighorn may be the Ryder Cup warning that there is nothing more difficult than foursomes when your partner is playing a little better than you.
- Local charity auctions almost always offer foursomes of golf at the best country clubs.
Definition of foursome in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan