- 1A postulated spatial dimension additional to those determining length, area, and volume.More example sentences
- Their momentum along the fourth dimension would appear as additional mass in three dimensions, so we would observe heavy photons or heavy electrons, for example.
- The conflicting claims of class and confession represent an additional, necessary fourth dimension to this paradigm.
- Granted, to the hypercube, the fourth dimension is only another spatial dimension, but to us, the fourth dimension seems to be temporal.
- 2Time regarded as analogous to linear dimensions.More example sentences
- As things change over time, a fourth dimension needs to be added to politics - and my way of doing this is to argue that what is the right course of action changes with time.
- Is time just a fourth dimension which, together with the three dimensions of space, helps to comprise a unitary four-dimensional manifold in which all physical objects and events somehow reside?
- Time as the fourth dimension is basically just a mathematical gimmick to make some relativity equations easier to work with.
More definitions of fourth dimensionDefinition of fourth dimension in:
- The British & World English dictionary