(Of the paper of old books or prints) discolored with brown spots.
More example sentences
- Finally, some fine scans of Modern Library classics, complete with foxed, faded and generally well-worn dust-jackets.
- More example sentences
- It was published in London in 1809; apart from the inevitable foxing, it has stood up pretty well to its near 200 years on the shelf.
- Front hinge cracking, back hinge just barely started, small cloth tears at the top and the bottom of the spine, light foxing and minor soiling. $9,500.
- In addition to water damage and foxing, tape-staining can also be cured.
Definition of foxed in:
- The British & World English dictionary