Definition of foxglove in English:
A tall Eurasian plant with erect spikes of flowers, typically pinkish-purple or white, shaped like the fingers of gloves. It is a source of the drug digitalis.
- Genus Digitalis, family Scrophulariaceae: many species, in particular D. purpurea
- Plants that may require staking to hold their blooms high include Canterbury bells, hollyhocks, and verbascums, with foxgloves and delphiniums in the upper garden zones.
- They also don't eat anemones, astilbes, junipers, foxgloves, daffodils, ferns, grasses and a whole host of things.
- In partial shade, use balloon flowers as accent plants placed among foxgloves, hostas, or lamb's ears.
Words that rhyme with foxgloveringdove • turtle dove
Definition of foxglove in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan