Definition of foxtail in English:
A common meadow grass that has soft brushlike flowering spikes.
- Genus Alopecurus, family Gramineae: several species, in particular A. pratensis
- The most common cool-season grasses are orchard grass, smooth brome, meadow brome and creeping foxtail.
- Species found in the meadows include great burnet, meadow foxtail, red fescue, meadow saffron, narrow-leaved water-dropwort, mousetail, and the unusual small-flowered winter-cress on bare banks of the Severn.
- It is for control of black nightshade, kochia, lambs-quarters, pigweed, waterhemp, foxtail, and crabgrass.
Words that rhyme with foxtailoxtail
Definition of foxtail in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan