Definition of foyer in English:
1An entrance hall or other open area in a building used by the public, especially a hotel or theater.
- As part of the revamp, the unique auditorium will remain, with only technical improvements, but there are plans for two new studios, a workshop, expanded offices, dressing rooms and public foyers, and terrace spaces.
- In addition to new floor finishes and lighting, it features a floating white wall that clads the boundary interfacing the public foyers and the theatres.
- A feature of the theatre is that all the foyer areas and the auditorium are accessible to wheelchairs.
1.1North American An entrance hall in a house or apartment.
- He led me out of the room into the foyer of the house, where there was a flight of stairs.
- Mia stood in the foyer of the large house, hanging her coat, scarf and gloves on the coat rack.
- Jay appeared by my side and pulled me into the foyer of the huge house, he led me to a kitchen and handed me a beer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan