- 1An essential supporting structure of a building, vehicle, or object: a conservatory in a delicate framework of ironMore example sentences
- The steel framework of the new building is expected to start taking shape in June.
- Pens are supported by rope frameworks about 200 feet square and anchored on each corner by a one-ton anchor.
- Since then most canvas paintings have been attached to lightweight wooden frameworks or stretchers.
- 1.1A basic structure underlying a system, concept, or text: the theoretical framework of political sociologyMore example sentences
- Because it is so concise, the text is strongly structured by conceptual frameworks that do not get lost in detail.
- Often, this research is badly designed and lacks theoretical or conceptual frameworks.
- Individuals were left more isolated, without the political frameworks through which to understand their problems, or to point towards solutions.