Definition of fratricide in English:
1The killing of one’s brother or sister.
- I can even, to a lesser degree, comprehend stalkers, serial killers, matricide, fratricide, genocide.
- It's about fratricide, patricide, matricide - the ultimate dysfunctional family.
- With songs about lost love, broken hearts, fratricide, betrayal, drug addiction and the fear of death, the new record delves deeply into realms of experience that many lesser artists shy away from.
1.2The accidental killing of one’s own forces in war.
- Crews conducted numerous tasks during this period, including environmental ‘brownout’ training, blue force tracking training, fratricide prevention and gunnery.
- Moreover, because of its accurate target detection and precision strike capability, the risk of fratricide and collateral damage will be greatly reduced.
- The worst case of fratricide in the Vietnam war occurred during an artillery exchange when the wrong powder charge caused long rounds to hit another U.S. artillery position.
Definition of fratricide in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia