Definition of free agent in English:
1A person who does not have any commitments that restrict their actions.
- He allows her to travel with him on the condition that it is a temporary arrangement - that he is a free agent and is not in any way committed to her.
- The dot com revolution spawned a whole new generation of savvy, job hopping free agents who each said proudly they were their own security.
- However, we should keep in mind that Senators to some extent are free agents.
1.1A sports player who is not bound by a contract and so is eligible to join any team.
- The team will focus on keeping its players rather than signing free agents.
- Once they decide on two or three players, the other free agents will have to scramble to find a big contract elsewhere.
- The team focused on signing free agents and drafting players that would put the team before themselves.
Definition of free agent in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan