Definition of free-handed in English:
Generous, especially with money.
- After all, the Liberals' policy leaves them far from free-handed.
- I know a lot of people who call themselves anarchists and not one of them believes in things like mob rule, free-handed violence, complete chaos and destruction.
- Ardent and prompt, warm-hearted, free-handed, they always respond with the enthusiasm of youth to everything that is true, sincere.
- Example sentences
- And free-handedness in this way makes up for other traits of character which are not so desirable.
- Behind his magnificent free-handedness and careless disregard for money were hard, practical judgment, imagination and vision, and the daring of the big gambler.
Definition of free-handed in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.