Definition of free market in English:
An economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses.
- We are committed to a free-market system, and we will stay on that course.
- There are two types of ethical criticisms that can be made of the free-market system.
- Nations like Hong Kong and Japan rose from the ashes of the Second World War as free-market economies.
free marketeer (also free-marketeer) noun
- Example sentences
- Even more remarkable is the indignation on the part of free marketeers who should be thankful that, once again, regulators have saved capitalism from its self-cannibalizing instincts.
- These two great free marketeers understood how government uses the period immediately following a war as it does the war itself for state power and special-interest rewards.
- Perry, a free marketeer, should see it for what it is: anti-competitive on its face and anti-consumer at its core.
Definition of free market in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.