Definition of free market in English:
An economic system in which prices are determined by unrestricted competition between privately owned businesses.
- We are committed to a free-market system, and we will stay on that course.
- There are two types of ethical criticisms that can be made of the free-market system.
- Nations like Hong Kong and Japan rose from the ashes of the Second World War as free-market economies.
free marketeer (also free-marketeer) noun
- Example sentences
- Even more remarkable is the indignation on the part of free marketeers who should be thankful that, once again, regulators have saved capitalism from its self-cannibalizing instincts.
- These two great free marketeers understood how government uses the period immediately following a war as it does the war itself for state power and special-interest rewards.
- Perry, a free marketeer, should see it for what it is: anti-competitive on its face and anti-consumer at its core.
Definition of free market in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan