- (Of an aquatic animal) not attached to an object or substrate and able to swim freely.More example sentences
- The eggs of most frogs hatch into aquatic, free-swimming larvae, commonly known as tadpoles.
- These are miniature jaw-like structures that come from a free-swimming worm-like animal, actually more closely related to fishes than to any of the other invertebrates.
- There are more than a thousand described species of golden algae, most of them free-swimming and unicellular, but there are filamentous and colonial forms.
More definitions of free-swimmingDefinition of free-swimming in:
- The British & World English dictionary