(also freetail bat)
- A streamlined fast-flying insectivorous bat with a projecting tail, found in tropical and subtropical countries.
More example sentences
- Family Molossidae: several genera and numerous species, including the mastiff bats and hairless bats
- Molossids are known as free-tailed bats, because their bony tail extends to the end of a well-developed tail membrane and considerably beyond.
- Western pipistrelles and Mexican free-tailed bats have staked their own claim on the chutes and shafts.
- All free-tailed bats and two noctules reluctant to feed by themselves had to be fed by hand.
More definitions of free-tailed batDefinition of free-tailed bat in:
- The British & World English dictionary