adjective & adverb
- (Especially with reference to drawing) done manually without the aid of instruments such as rulers: [as adjective]: a freehand sketch [as adverb]: the pictures should be drawn freehandMore example sentences
- Custom tattooing (like freehand drawing without a stencil) is increasingly popular with customers, especially those with multiple tattoos.
- As is characteristic of Johns's graphic work of this time, the drawings feature freehand scribbles, carefully limned curves, erasures and tonal blurring.
- Besides cropping or rotating, you can add text or freehand drawings to your photos, say, to make personalized postcards.
More definitions of freehandDefinition of freehand in:
- The British & World English dictionary