- The temperature at which a liquid turns into a solid when cooled.More example sentences
- At temperatures below the freezing point of a substance, the transition between solid and liquid phases does not generally occur.
- A dilute solution of acetic acid was cooled below its freezing point.
- The simpler amines are generally gases or liquids at temperatures just above the freezing point of water.
More definitions of freezing pointDefinition of freezing point in:
- The British & World English dictionary