- The modulation of a radio or other wave by variation of its frequency, especially to carry an audio signal. Often contrasted with amplitude modulation.More example sentences
- These data were not used to measure time lags between the acoustic and seismic channels, but merely to demonstrate the similarity in frequency modulation and duration of signals in both the air and ground.
- The system can tell how tired or stressed the speaker is by detecting irregularities in frequency modulation and analysing other factors, he said.
- Each frame of one of Ofer's movies shows a few thousand syllables from a given bird, plotted on a couple of dimensions such as duration and amount of frequency modulation.
More definitions of frequency modulationDefinition of frequency modulation in:
- The British & World English dictionary