noun (plural freshmen)
- 1A first-year student at a university, college, or high school: we invited the freshmen [as modifier]: a freshman second basemanMore example sentences
- Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?
- She is currently enrolled at California State University Fullerton as a freshman in the Honors Program.
- When Arizona State University's freshmen begin to navigate college life this fall, about 35 of them will get extra support from their parents.
- 1.1 A newcomer or novice, especially someone newly elected to Congress.More example sentences
- I mean, she showed the rhetorical skills that freshman Congress members are known for.
- Proportionately more freshmen are being elected to Congress now but the figures are dwarfed by those for re-election.
- He's one of the freshman Republicans from Texas.